What Is a Cookie and Why Is It Used?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device or network server via browsers by the websites you visit. The main purposes of using cookies on our website are listed below:
• To improve services offered to you by enhancing the functionality and performance of the Website,
• To perform fundamental functions by using mandatory identification cookies in order to ensure that you can use services offered on our website based on the need to process your data, which is the legal justification, provided that it is directly related to the execution or performance of an agreement,
• To improve the Website and to offer new attributes through the Website and to customize offered attributes depending on your preferences;
• To ensure the legal and commercial security of the Website, you, and our Company;
• If the Company needs your personal data such as IP and your address in order to fulfill its legal and contractual obligations, especially those arising from the Law No. 5651 on the Regulation of Online Publications and Prevention of Crimes Committed Through Such Publications and the Regulation on Procedures and Standards Related to the Regulation of Online Publications.
What Are the Types of Cookies Used in Our Website?
Types of Cookies In terms of Period of Storage
• Session Cookies: Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used when our visitors are using our website and deleted when the browser is closed. The main purpose of this type of cookies is to ensure that the Website functions properly during your visit. As an example, you can fill out online forms consisting of multiple pages.
• Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies are types of cookies used for enhancing the functionality of the website and offering faster and better services to our visitors. These cookies are used for remembering your preferences and stored in your device through browsers. Some kinds of persistent cookies may be used for offering special proposals to you by taking account of issues such as your purpose of using the website. If you visit our website by using the same device, persistent cookies determine if there is a cookie created by our website in your device and, if there is, it will indicate that you have visited the website previously and the content to be communicated to you will be determined accordingly so that you are offered a better service.
• Technical Cookies: Technical cookies ensures that the website remains operational and its non-functioning pages and sections are identified.
• Authentication Cookies: If a visitor has accessed the website by using his password, this type of cookies determine that the visitor is the user of the website on each page he has visited and prevent the user from entering his password on each page.
• Flash Cookies: It is a type of cookie used for activating image or voice contents in a website.
• Customization Cookies: These cookies are used for remembering the preferences of a user during his visit to different pages of another website. As an example, remembering the language that you have preferred.
• Analytical Cookies: Analytical cookies ensure the production of analytic results such as the number of a website’s visitors, pages displayed in the website, times when it is visited, and scrolling of its pages.
Can Data Subjects Obstruct the Utilization of Cookies?
While the utilization of cookies permit a website to better its services, you may choose to prevent them from being used. In that case, however, you should take into consideration that the website may not fully function and that you may not use its all functions. To prevent the usage of cookies, you need to change the settings of your browser. These changes may vary depending on the device and browser used. Information on steps to be taken for preventing the utilization of cookies through different browsers is provided below:
• Internet Explorer
1. Open desktop and touch or click on Internet Explorer icon on the task bar.
2. Touch or click on the tools button and Internet options.
3. Touch or click on the privacy tab and then move the cursor under Settings upward and touch or click on Okay button to block all identification data.
• Microsoft Edge
1. Click on the section with three dots sign on the upper right-hand corner of your Microsoft Edge browser and go to Settings.
2. After clicking on Select Items To Be Cleared on the new window that will appear and select the sections that you want to clear on the window that will appear.
3. There are a number of sections here. You may select any of them and start the clearing process.
• Google Chrome
1. Open Chrome in your computer.
2. Click on Other Settings on the upper right corner.
3. Click on Advanced at the bottom.
4. Click on Content settings under “Privacy and Security.”
5. Click on Cookies
6. Search for the name of the website under “All cookies and website data”.
7. Click on Remove icon on the right hand side of the website.
• Mozilla Firefox
1. Click on Firefox Menu and select Options.
2. Select Privacy and Security panel and go to History section.
3. Change Firefox setting to “use special settings for past.”
4. Click on “show cookies” button. Cookies window will be displayed.
5. Enter the name of the website that you intend to delete in the Search section. Cookies matching your search will be displayed.
6. Select the cookie(s) you wish to delete and click on “Delete selected” button.
7. Click on Close button to close the Cookies window. Then, close about preferences page.
1. Safari - Select Preferences.
2. Click on Privacy tab.
3. Click on Website Data.
4. Select one or more websites and then click on Delete or Delete All.
You may delete all cookies left by the websites you have visited also through third party software.
Our company’s objective is to provide detailed explanations about the scope and purpose of using cookies and to inform its users about cookie preferences. It is, therefore, deemed that you have given your consent if you have closed the cookie information warning on our website and continue using it. Users can always change their cookie preferences. Our company reserves the right to change the provisions of the Policy at any time.